2023 Award Nominations
The Europas Awards 2022
GroundWOW® Wins 10th innovation award at The Stadium Business Awards 2021
North-West autonomous technology innovators, GroundWOW, have been announced as the winners of TheStadiumBusiness Innovation Award 2021 at Emirates Old Trafford stadium in Manchester.
Now in their 12th year, TheStadiumBusiness Awards are the only awards to recognise a whole spectrum of achievements from across the global stadium industry. The awards are nominated by the industry, for the industry recognise leadership, innovation and achievement in the design, delivery and operation of sports and entertainment facilities globally.
“To be nominated by the industry in such an innovation rich environment was already incredible. To actually win is an enormous and hugely valuable recognition of our development of this point” said GroundWOW’s Chief Commercial Officer, David Pritchard.
GroundWOW® CTO Sam Cornish-Evans collecting the award with fellow award winners.
The judging panel was made up of well-respected worldwide stadium professionals and the award was presented by David Manica of MANICA Architecture; the designers of the incredible Wynn Field Club at the Allegiant Stadium home of the NFL’s Las Vegas Raiders.
There is no better tribute to the work of GroundWOW’s talented team than to be featured on such a stellar list of organisations, projects and individuals as this one. Launched in 2019, the Stockport-based company took home their 10th innovation award for the AV/AI-driven ground printer which activates underutilised real estate.
“Congratulations to everyone who reached the podium,” commented Ian Nuttall, founder of TheStadiumBusiness Awards. “Winners included our industry’s leaders, achievers and stand-out venues, who should all be very proud of their achievements.”
The Judging Panel
Hundreds of nominations were whittled down to create the shortlist, judged by an independent panel of industry figures including:
• Jacque Holowaty, VP Employee & Guest Experience, Climate Pledge Arena
• Nick Sautner, Chief Executive Officer, The Eden Park Trust
• Dionna Widder, Chief Revenue Officer, Houston Dynamo
• Darren Burden, Executive Director, Kai Tak Sports Park
• Mel Raines, EVP of Corporate Comms, Community Engagement & Facility Operations, Pacers Sports & Entertainment
• Paul Fisher, Consultant (Former Chief Executive, Jockey Club Racecourses)
• Christian Lau, CTO, Los Angeles FC / Banc of California Stadium
• Andy O’Sullivan, Venue Director, Tottenham Hotspur FC
• Ian Nuttall, CEO & Co-Founder, TheStadiumBusiness