GroundWOW’s autonomous ground printers integrate Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Robotics to provide unrivalled ground marking capability to world leading sports stadia and venues. We’re a fast-paced technology company that’s home to a team of highly talented people. We’re constantly developing innovative solutions to interesting problems, and we want you to join us.
We believe that we work best when colleagues can interact, and bounce ideas off each other. Spending time together in person is critical to our culture and what we do. For that reason, this role will require you to come into our offices with the occasional working from home requirement.
About the Job
As a Technical Manager, you will be managing and involved with the development, implementation and maintenance of large autonomous ground printing robotic platforms and associated technologies.
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team with high individual responsibility coordinating with technical/commercial/production personnel.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Manage technical department processes and data.
- Generate and maintain technical plans, budgeting, growth and deliverables.
- Oversee management of technical personnel ensuring unity in decision making, communication, performance and progress.
- Aid cross-functional teams to identify and solve complex problems.
- Oversee development of robotic solutions from conceptualisation to production release.
- Co-ordinate with programme management roles within business.
- Identifying and managing communication of intellectual property from technical team to internal and external IP personnel.
- Assist CTO in deployment of business vision, targets and policies.
Typical workload will be managing a cross-discipline technical team developing world first robotic platforms and related products.
The key skills and qualifications you have include:
- Able to communicate concepts clearly within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to generate plans, budgets and requirements independently and effectively.
- Are self-driven and comfortable with a high level of responsibility for the outcomes of your work.
- Industrial experience managing the design, implementation, and release of robotic platforms.
- Management related MSc/Meng/MBA/CMI 7 equivalent or Qualified by Experience.
- 4+ years management experience.
- Additional engineering qualification highly desirable.
- Deep understanding of organisational management and project performance monitoring.
- Functional understanding of, and experience with, Python.
- Functional understanding of, and experience with, C++.
- Functional understanding of, and experience with, ROS.
- Able to clearly communicate ideas/issues in a technical environment with personnel from various disciplines (mechanical/electrical/commercial/production personnel).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Should be ready to work within an energetic team and passionate about robotic platform development and improving the end-user experience.
- Should desire growth of themselves and the company whilst in role and be committed to the growth of a technology SME.
- Must be comfortable working closely with colleagues in both an engineering team and a commercial team.
The role comes with a number of benefits including:
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for career growth within the company.
- Annual leave allowance of 22 days (excluding bank holidays).
- Enhanced pension contribution.
- Training and development.
- Regular social events including pizza lunches and monthly team building/wellbeing activities.
We believe in equal opportunities
GroundWOW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and so welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences.
How To Apply
By submitting your application, you agree that GroundWOW may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.
Please email a covering letter and CV to: Jobs@GroundWOW.com