GroundWOW’s autonomous ground printers integrate Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Robotics to provide unrivalled ground marking capability to world leading sports stadia and venues. We’re a fast-paced technology company that’s home to a team of highly talented people. We’re constantly developing innovative solutions to interesting problems, and we want you to join us.
We believe that we work best when colleagues can interact, and bounce ideas off each other. Spending time together in person is critical to our culture and what we do. For that reason, this role will require you to come into our offices with the occasional working from home requirement.
About the Job
As a Robotic Engineer, you will be developing, implementing and providing technical support for world first autonomous ground printing robotic platforms and associated technologies.
You will be coordinating across business on the commercial release of autonomous ground printing robotic platforms and associated technologies.
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team with high individual responsibility coordinating with technical/commercial/production personnel.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Design, implement and maintain robotic solutions in accordance with project requirements and specifications.
- Analyse, monitor and improve efficiency and stability of the system.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and solve complex problems.
- Provide post-production support.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Develop robotic software to specifications and coding best practices.
A typical project will be working on the world’s first autonomous ground printer platforms and related products to improve capability or efficiency.
The key skills and qualifications you have include:
- Able to communicate concepts clearly within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to plan your own project modules independently and effectively.
- Are self-driven and comfortable with a high level of responsibility for the outcomes of your work.
- Deep understanding of, and experience with, Python.
- Deep understanding of, and experience with, C++.
- Experience designing, implementing, and releasing robotic platforms using ROS.
- BSc/BEng or above in Computer Science/Robotics Engineering or Qualified by Experience.
- Industrial experience of robotic platform development and commercial release highly desirable.
- Able to adapt/learn quickly to overcome technical issues/barriers that may arise.
- Able to clearly communicate ideas/issues in a technical environment with personnel from various disciplines (mechanical/electrical/commercial/production personnel).
- Good knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components.
- Solid understanding of Linux.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Should be ready to work within an energetic team passionate about robotic platform development and improving the end-user experience.
- Should desire growth of themselves and the company whilst in role and be committed to the growth of a technology SME.
- Must be comfortable working closely with colleagues in both an engineering team and a commercial team.
The role comes with a number of benefits including:
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for career growth within the company.
- Annual leave allowance of 22 days (excluding bank holidays).
- Enhanced pension contribution.
- Training and development.
- Regular social events including pizza lunches and monthly team building/wellbeing activities.
We believe in equal opportunities
GroundWOW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and so welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences.
How To Apply
By submitting your application, you agree that GroundWOW may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.
Please email a covering letter and CV to: Jobs@GroundWOW.com