In-house Patent Attorney/IP Manager
In-House Patent Attorney/IP Manager
GroundWOW’s autonomous ground printers integrate Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Robotics to provide unrivalled ground marking capability to world leading sports stadia and venues. We’re a fast-paced technology company that’s home to a team of highly talented people. We’re constantly developing innovative solutions to interesting problems, and we want you to join us.
We believe that we work best when colleagues can interact, and bounce ideas off each other. Spending time together in person is critical to our culture and what we do. For that reason, this role will require you to come into our offices with the occasional working from home requirement.
About the job
This is an amazing opportunity to join GroundWOW at an early stage and help to create value through implementing our Intellectual Property (IP) strategy in-house. You will help GroundWOW manage and expand our growing IP portfolio by working at several stages of IP value creation, such as: invention capture and evaluation, patent search and analysis, patent drafting and overseeing the examination process for patent applications. As a technology business our IP is critical to safeguarding the thousands of hours of hard work put in by everyone across the business. This role is hugely important to underpinning that IP and thereby all our efforts.
You will be a key member of the business’ IP & Legal team, working closely with the R&D function.
With a large degree of responsibility and the opportunity to make the role your own, you will get to:
- Manage the growing number of GroundWOW patents, trademarks and copyrights, and protection of company know-how.
- Perform patent searches, competitive analysis and IP landscape studies related to the company’s research and product development interests.
- Manage the GroundWOW Invention Disclosure capture and evaluation process. This process involves the collation of invention disclosure submissions from different teams and their assessment for patentability against criteria of interest for the company.
- Draft patent filings based on the outcomes of the Invention Disclosure capture and evaluation process.
- Coordinate with external counsel for the patent examination process from prosecution to grant.
- Organise IP discovery workshops - interactive discussions which can identify and challenge new ideas in GroundWOW R&D teams.
The key skills and qualifications you have include:
- University degree in electrical/electronic engineering, physics, computer science, or a comparable qualification.
- A UK/EP Patent Attorney Qualification (or local equivalence).
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in standard office environment software.
In addition, we would welcome:
- Experience in original patent drafting.
- Prior professional experience in an industrial patent department.
- Knowledge of IP aspects in commercial contracts.
The role comes with a number of benefits including:
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for career growth within the company.
- Annual leave allowance of 22 days (excluding bank holidays).
- Enhanced pension contribution.
- Training and development.
- Regular social events including pizza lunches and monthly team building/wellbeing activities.
We believe in equal opportunities
GroundWOW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and so welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences.
How To Apply
By submitting your application, you agree that GroundWOW may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.
Please email a covering letter and CV to: Jobs@GroundWOW.com