Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
GroundWOW’s autonomous ground printers integrate Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Robotics to provide unrivalled ground marking capability to world leading sports stadia and venues. We’re a fast-paced technology company that’s home to a team of highly talented people. We’re constantly developing innovative solutions to interesting problems, and we want you to join us.
We believe that we work best when colleagues can interact, and bounce ideas off each other. Spending time together in person is critical to our culture and what we do. For that reason, this role will require you to come into our offices with the occasional working from home requirement.
About the Job
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer. The role is highly varied and on-the-job training will be provided. In a fast-paced environment, there are always new things to learn and an extensive range of opportunities to progress. Regular duties will include operation, maintenance, testing and handover of our products. In order to achieve your full potential, there will be an intensive learning requirement across a significant range of hardware and software developed by the company.
In this role, you’ll will:
- Be responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and developing long term relationships that support current and future opportunities.
- Provide front-line emails, chat, video, and phone call support including oversight of an escalation process to the right team when required.
- Log faults and issues, communicate and respond to tickets and requests in a professional and timely manner. Working on a ticketing system, you will ensure tasks are picked up daily and the correct response is given.
- Operate and maintain equipment at customer sites. This will include machine inspections, together with simple and complex maintenance work.
- Triage and resolve technical support issues relating to all aspects of our products and provide actionable solutions.
- Support new customer installations and training, with regular follow up contact and ongoing assistance.
- Support our sales team activities including attending demos, increasing product awareness, generating new referral leads, plan and attend exhibitions and road show events, and deliver customer required activations.
- Consistently update the customer database with contact details and information from prospective customers.
- Take ownership of customer feedback to ensure they are happy and satisfied with their experience and product and utilise the information to create future opportunities.
- Provide support for all day-to-day activities, working closely with other team members and departments.
- Maintain accurate records, keeping daily track of expenses, tools, inventory, etc. Processing of Time Sheets and associated reports, including expenses, vehicle mileage, etc.
The key skills and qualifications you have include:
- Electrical, mechanical, and electronics qualifications with experience on automation, robotics, or industrial applications.
- Knowledge and experience working with electronic circuits and measuring devices. Ideally you will have experience or formal qualifications within an Engineering field.
- Computer literate, comfortable with working knowledge of Microsoft Office range of programmes, familiar with CRM Software.
- Full clean car driving licence.
- Valid passport.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy items up to 25kg.
- Northern England based with good access to major trunk roads.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Customer Service and/or Technical Support role via phone, email, chat, and face to face.
- Experience offering professional support, always maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Working under Compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Investigating, identifying, and repairing technical products.
- Operation and maintenance of equipment at customer site.
- Tech savvy with the capacity to communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing.
- Competent attending demos and other customer facing commercial activities.
- Passion for the sports industry, with an existing contact network is a plus.
- Ability to converse sensibly with high-level, sometimes high-profile members of customer group.
- A real team player, with full dedication to build our fast-growing robotics company.
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Proactive, can-do attitude, always ready to help mindset. Dynamic, enthusiastic, and flexible approach, willing to travel, sometimes with late notice and for extended durations.
- Willing to learn and fully understand customer care and customer support activities and dynamics.
- Excellent people skills and clear communicator with the ability to form strong customer relationships.
- Success in team environments, demonstrating shared responsibility and accountability with other team members.
- Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
The role comes with a number of benefits including:
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for career growth within the company.
- Annual leave allowance of 22 days (excluding bank holidays).
- Enhanced pension contribution.
- Training and development.
- Regular social events including pizza lunches and monthly team building/wellbeing activities.
We believe in equal opportunities
GroundWOW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and so welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences.
How To Apply
By submitting your application, you agree that GroundWOW may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.
Please email a covering letter and CV to: Jobs@GroundWOW.com